From Radim Kolar <...@sendmail.cz>
Subject Re: Newbie question about writer/reader consistency
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2011 14:40:14 GMT

> makes me feel disappointed about consistency in Cassandra, but I wonder is
> there is a way to work around it.
cassandra is not suitable for this kind of programs. CouchDB is slightly
better, it has transactions but no locking and i am not sure if
transaction isolation is supported now. mongodb has some kind of atomic
operations - http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Atomic+Operations  but
no locking or rollbacks either.

Standard RDBMS like DB2 and Oracle are best for your kind of
applications, they can scale well too. In DB2 you can choose between
shared disk and shared nothing cluster architecture.