From Guy Incognito <dnd1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: memory estimate for each key in the key cache
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 00:37:13 GMT
to be blunt, this doesn't sound right to me, unless it's doing something
rather more clever to manage the memory.

i mocked up a simple class containing a byte[], ByteBuffer and long, and
the shallow size alone is 32 bytes.  deep size with a byte[16], 1-byte
bytebuffer and long is 132.  this is a on a 64-bit jvm on win x64, but
is consistent(ish) with what i've seen in the past on linux jvms.  the
actual code has rather more objects than this (it's a map, it has a
pair, decoratedKey) so would be quite a bit bigger per key.