From Igor <i...@4friends.od.ua>
Subject plan to switch fro SimpleStrategy to NetworkTopologyStrategy
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 06:53:37 GMT
Hi,

This is my first post, so first of all - thanks to Cassandra authors and
community for their excellent job!

Now to my question... I need a plan for transition from SimpleStrategy
to NetworkSopologyStrategy (as I have to add two servers from remote
datacenter with RTT up to 120ms to my cluster).

Cluster consists from 10 nodes in 5 datacenters (2 node per DC), each
node carry about 4G of data in keyspace

Keyspace: meter:
   Replication Strategy: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy
   Durable Writes: true

Originally I planned (and tested) simply rolling restart nodes with
NetworkTopologyStategy enabled in cassandra.yaml (and proper
cassandra-topology.properties file in place) and after nodes restarted -
update my keyspace with option {DC1:1,DC2:1,...}. But my concern is -
will cassandra begin to move data location right after restart with
enabled NTS (and should I wait for it during rolling restart?) or only
after keyspace update with new options?

Or there is some other way?

Thanks!