From Thorsten von Eicken <>
Subject read repair and column range queries
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 05:38:04 GMT
Looking at the docs, I can't conclusively answer this question:

Suppose I make this CQL query with consistency factor 1 and read-repair
select 'a'..'z' from cf where key = 'xyz' limit 5;
Suppose the node I connect to has the key and responds with (improvised
Suppose another node has a column 'b'->1, would this be caught by the
read repair?

The question really boils down to whether the digest query being sent is
the same as the one above, or whether it's more of the form "select a,
c, e, g, i from cf where key = xyz" and thus only checks whether the
column values are in agreement.

View raw message