From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cassandra data to hadoop.
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 17:28:59 GMT
We do this all the time.  Take a look at http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HadoopSupport for
some details - you can use mapreduce or pig to get data out of cassandra.  If it's going to
a separate hadoop cluster, I don't think you'd need to co-locate task trackers or data nodes
on your cassandra nodes - it would just need to copy over the network though.  We also use
oozie for job scheduling, fwiw.

On Dec 23, 2011, at 9:12 AM, ravikumar visweswara wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have a situation to dump cassandra data to hadoop cluster for further analytics. Lot
of other relevant data which is not present in cassandra is already available in hdfs for
analysis. Both are independent clusters right now.
> Is there a suggested way to get the data periodically or continuously to HDFS from cassandra?
Any ideas or references will be very helpful for me.