From Zhong Li <...@voxeo.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 1.0.5 released
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:13:11 GMT
You may run "stress -d <node>" to create Standard1 CF and data.

On Dec 3, 2011, at 3:44 PM, <mike.li@thomsonreuters.com> <mike.li@thomsonreuters.com>
wrote:

> Hi Zhong Li,
>
> When I used stress tool to test, I got:
>
> Operation [15] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0015 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [37] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0037 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [17] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0017 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [40] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0040 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [28] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0028 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [2] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0002 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [13] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0013 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [29] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0029 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [30] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0030 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [23] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0023 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [21] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0021 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [42] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0042 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [0] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0000 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> Operation [11] retried 10 times - error inserting key 0011 ((InvalidRequestException):
unconfigured columnfamily Standard1)

> 0,0,0,NaN,0
> END
>
> Do I need to create the column family manually first, or it is created by the stress
tool automatically? Why did I get the errors above?

> Thanks,
> Mike

was running 0.6.13 until this point (cluster conf is attached to the JIRA issue mentioned
below).

>> Let me know of anything that I can try, short of taking my production cluster offline
:-P

>> /Janne
>>
>> On Dec 2, 2011, at 20:42 , Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>>
>>> The first step towards determining how serious it is, is showing us
>>> how to reproduce it or otherwise narrowing down what could be causing
>>> it, because timeouts can be caused by a lot of non-bug scenarios.
>>> Does it occur for every query or just some?  Is there anything unusual
>>> on the coordinator or replica nodes, like high CPU?  Can you reproduce
>>> with the stress tool?  Can you reproduce on a single-node-cluster?
>>> That kind of thing.

>>> --
>>> Jonathan Ellis
>>> Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
>>> co-founder of DataStax, the source for professional Cassandra support
>>> http://www.datastax.com
>>

> This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.