From ้ญ้‡‘ไป™ <sei_...@126.com>
Subject can one keyspace has two groups of "initial_token"?
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 12:59:19 GMT
My question is whether two groups of "initial_token" can coexist since our goal is to partition
data of each column family uniformly on 5 nodes.

 I deployed Cassandra 0.7.4 on a cluster of 5 nodes, using orderPreservingPartitioner. Two
column families named CF1 and CF2 are created on one keyspace.  Keys of CF1 go as a0,a1,a2,a3...
while those of CF2 are b0,b1,b2....
Assume that the initial_tokens should be set as a0,a2,a4,a6,a8 if you want to achieve load
balance of CF1 and as b0,b2,b4,b6,b8 for CF2.
Is it possible two set "initial_token" as: initial_token: a0,b0?

Thank you!