From blafrisch <>
Subject Schema disagreement in 1.0.2
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 21:38:22 GMT
So in our cluster of 10 nodes we have 2 bad nodes that are in disagreement
with the others.  On one of the two bad nodes I tried to move the Schema*
and Migration* files out of the system data directory as is listed in the FAQ .  When the
node started back up it threw thousands of exceptions and it still did not
agree with the 8 nodes with the correct schema.  Instead it was listed in
"UNREACHABLE NODES".  Nodetool ring from the bad node and any other node
indicated that it was up.  I restarted Cassandra on the bad node again and
when it came back up it once again had the bad schema but was no longer
listed as unreachable.

Tips?  All I can really think of right now is to replace the two bad nodes
with two totally new ones though I'd definitely prefer to avoid that.

Sent from the mailing list archive at

View raw message