From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Counter read requests spread across replicas ?
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 20:43:24 GMT
How many rows are you asking for in the multget_slice and what thread pools are showing pending
tasks ?

Also, what happens when you reduce the number of rows in the request?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 21/12/2011, at 11:57 AM, Philippe wrote:

> Hello,
> 5 nodes running 0.8.7/0.8.9, RF=3, BOP, counter columns inside super columns. Read queries
are multigetslices of super columns inside of which I read every column for processing (20-30
at most), using Hector with default settings.
> Watching tpstat on the 3 nodes holding the data being most often queries, I see the pending
count increase only on the "main replica" and I see heavy CPU load and network load only on
that node. The other nodes seem to be doing very little.

> Aren't counter read requests supposed to be round-robin across replicas ? I'm confused
as to why the nodes don't exhibit the same load.