Hi Ben,

Solr, as I understood is for implementing full text search capability within documents, but in my case, as of now I just need to implement search on user names which seems to be easily provided by Cassandra as user names (as column names) may be sorted alphabetically within rows. I am splitting these rows by the first three characters of the username. Thus all user names starting with 'Mar' are stored in a row with key 'Mar'.  Column values store the userId of that user.

So Cassandra seems to fully satisfy my needs for this. Only issue i m having is how to deal with multiple users of same name. Thus super columns seem to fit appropriately but I really want to avoid them since they are seriously discouraged by everyone.