My wish list:

1) Conditional updates: if a column has a value then put column in the column family atomically else fail.
2) getAndSet: on counters: a separate API
3) Revert the count when client disconnects or receives a exception (so they can safely retry).
4) Something like a freeze API for updates to a row/CF (this can be used as a lock).

Regards,
</VJ>