Provide an option to sort columns by timestamp i.e, in the order they have been added to the row, with the facility to use any column names.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:29 AM, Jonathan Ellis <> wrote:
Hi all,

Two years ago I asked for Cassandra use cases and feature requests.
[1]  The results [2] have been extremely useful in setting and
prioritizing goals for Cassandra development.  But with the release of
1.0 we've accomplished basically everything from our original wish
list. [3]

I'd love to hear from modern Cassandra users again, especially if
you're usually a quiet lurker.  What does Cassandra do well?  What are
your pain points?  What's your feature wish list?

As before, if you're in stealth mode or don't want to say anything in
public, feel free to reply to me privately and I will keep it off the

Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra