From Quintero <quinteros8...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: BulkLoader
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:11:33 GMT

mike.li@thomsonreuters.com wrote:

>Thanks, Giannis.  Looking forward to ...
>
>Mike

marked as unreachable only when I call describe cluster. When I do nodetool ring the nodes
don't show up there.

<ehershey@gmail.com<mailto:ehershey@gmail.com>> wrote:
>Giannis,
>
>From here:
>http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations#Removing_nodes_entirely
>
>Have you tried "nodetool removetoken" ?
>
>Ernie
>

>On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:20 PM, <mike.li@thomsonreuters.com<mailto:mike.li@thomsonreuters.com>>
wrote:
>Hello Giannis,
>
>Can you share a little bit on how to use the bulk loader ?  We're considering use  bulk
loader for a  user case.

>Thanks,
>Mike

the bulkloader are diferent every day so their IP addresses change. When I do "describe cluster"
i see all the unreachable nodes that keep piling up for the past few days. Is there a way
to remove those IP addresses without terminating the whole cluster at the same time and restarting
it?

>The unreachable nodes cause issues when we want to make schema changes to all the nodes
or when we want to truncate a CF.

>Any suggestions?
>
>-Giannis
>
>This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.