From DLC <...@cabotresearch.com>
Subject Running Cassandra 1.0 as Windows Service
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 21:11:59 GMT
I am trying to install and run Cassandra 1.0 as a Windows Service on Windows
Server 2003 R2 x64.  The installation seems to go OK, but when I try to start
the service I get the error "Windows could not start the cassandra on Local
Computer.  For more information, review the System Event Log.  If this is a
non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-
specific error code 0."  There is nothing of note in the Event Log.  I am
installing and running the service as administrator.  Cassandra runs fine if
started from the command line using the batch file.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.