From David Boney <l...@semanticartifacts.com>
Subject Austin Hacker Dojo - Big Data Machine Learning
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:06:06 GMT
I am interested in starting a hacker dojo in Austin for big data machine learning. We would
meet one evening a week to work on coding up Hadoop based machine learning and statistical
analysis problems for big data systems. This would be a hacker dojo where the focus is on
coding. I can teach and/or provide papers on any algorithms we want to study. I am interested
in working with Hadoop, Mahout, and Hama but also I am interested in coding algorithms from
scratch to learn about the algorithm implementation issues. Drop me a line if you are interested.
If at least three or four people are interested we can have an organization meeting to discuss
the group name, finding a location to meet, development environment, setting up a web site,
and the agenda for the first couple of months.

Sincerely,
David G. Boney
list@semanticartifacts.com