From David McNelis <dmcne...@agentisenergy.com>
Subject Cleanup in a write-only environment
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:24:03 GMT
In my understanding Cleanup is meant to help clear out data that has  been
removed.  If you have an environment where data is only ever added (the
case for the production system I'm working with), is there a point to
automating cleanup?   I understand that if we were to ever purge a segment
of data from our cluster we'd certainly want to run it, or after added a
new node and adjusting the tokens.

So I want to make sure I'm not missing something here and that there  would
be other  reasons to run cleanup regularly?

--
*David McNelis*
Lead Software Engineer

*A Smart Grid technology company focused on helping consumers of energy
control an often under-managed resource.*