From "Brian O'Neill" <>
Subject Re: Second Cassandra users survey
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 02:32:10 GMT
It should be dead-simple to build a slick GUI on the REST layer.

I had planned to crank one out this week (using ExtJS) that mimicked the
Squirrel/Toad look and feel.  The UI would have a tree-panel of keyspaces
and column families on the left. Then the main panel would be partitioned
into two.  The top of the main panel would would allow a user to type in
CQL/Pig, etc.  The bottom of the main panel would show the data contained
in the column family / result set.  Any other thoughts on design before I
get started?

If we build this based on the JSON/REST interface, it should be pretty easy
to embed in other applications.

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Ian Danforth <> wrote:

>> Wish list: A decent GUI to explore data kept in Cassandra would be much
>> valuable. It should also be extendable to
>> provide viewers for custom data.
> +1 to that.
> @jonathan - This is what google moderator is really good at. Perhaps start
> one and move the idea creation / voting there.

Brian ONeill
Lead Architect, Health Market Science (

View raw message