From A J <s5a...@gmail.com>
Subject OOM
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 14:12:40 GMT
Hi,

For a single node of cassandra(1.0 version) having 15G of data+index,
48GB RAM, 8GB heap and about 2.6G memtable threshold, I am getting OOM
when I have 1000 concurrent inserts happening at the same time.
I have kept concurrent_writes: 128 in cassandra.yaml as there are a
total of 16 cores (suggestion is to keep 8 * number_of_cores).

Can someone give pointers on what needs to be tuned.

Thanks, AJ.

ERROR 00:10:00,312 Fatal exception in thread Thread[Thread-3,5,main]
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
        at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:614)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:943)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1336)
        at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CustomTThreadPoolServer.serve(CustomTThreadPoolServer.java:105)
        at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraDaemon$ThriftServer.run(CassandraDaemon.java:213)