From Patrik Modesto <patrik.mode...@gmail.com>
Subject timeout while doing repair
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 07:45:15 GMT
Hi,

I have a test cluster of 4 nodes running Debian and Cassandra 0.8.7,
there are 3 keyspaces, all with RF=3, a node has load around 40GB.
When I run "nodetool repair" after a while all thrift clients that
read with CL.QUORUM get TimeoutException and even some that use just
CL.ONE. I've tried to run repair on just one keyspace and read from
other keyspace, but I still get the TimeoutException.

I tried to tune compaction_throughput_mb_per_sec and
concurrent_compactors but without success. The same problem is
happening on our production cluster of 8 nodes (same setup).

Where may be the problem?

Regards,
Patrik