From Brandon Williams <>
Subject Re: BulkLoader
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 19:43:44 GMT
On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Giannis Neokleous
<> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> We're using the bulk loader to load data every day to Cassandra. The
> machines that use the bulkloader are diferent every day so their IP
> addresses change. When I do "describe cluster" i see all the unreachable
> nodes that keep piling up for the past few days. Is there a way to remove
> those IP addresses without terminating the whole cluster at the same time
> and restarting it?
> The unreachable nodes cause issues when we want to make schema changes to
> all the nodes or when we want to truncate a CF.
> Any suggestions?

It sounds like you're running into so the first step
would be to upgrade to a version that has it fixed.

Unfortunately, this won't solve the problem, just prevent it from
happening in the future.  To remove the old nodes, you can apply on one node and
call the JMX method for the unreachable endpoints.

View raw message