From Vlad Paiu <vladp...@opensips.org>
Subject Cassandra Counters and TTL
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:29:10 GMT
Hello,

I'm a new user of Cassandra and I think it's great.
Still, while developing my APP using Cassandra, I got stuck with some
things and I'm not really sure that Cassandra can handle them at the
moment.

So, first of all, does Cassandra allow for Counters and regular Keys to
be located in the same ColumnFamily ?

Secondly, is there any way to dynamically set the TTL for a key ? In the
sense that I have a key, I initially set it with no TTL, but after a
while I decide that it should expire in 100 seconds. Can Cassandra do
this ?

3. Can counters have a TTL ?

4. Is there any way to atomically reset a counter ? I read on the
website that the only way to do it is read the variable value, and then
set it to -value, which seems rather bogus to me.

Regards,

--
Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer