Best regards/ Pagarbiai
Phone: +370 5 212 3063
Fax: +370 5 261 0453
J. Jasinskio 16C,
Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender. You must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message and any copies.-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvain Lebresne [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 15:02
Subject: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 1.0 released
The Cassandra team is very pleased to announce the release of Apache Cassandra version 1.0.0. Cassandra 1.0.0 is a new major release that build upon the awesomeness of previous versions and adds numerous improvements[1,2], amongst
- Compression of on-disk data files (SSTables), with checksummed blocks to
protect against bitrot.
- Improvements to memory management through off-heap caches, arena
allocation and automatic self-tuning, for less GC pauses and more
- Better disk-space management: better control of the space taken by commit
logs and immediate deletion of obsolete data files.
- New optional leveled compaction strategy with more predictable performance
and fixed sstable size.
- Improved hinted handoffs, leading to less need for read repair for
better read performances.
- Lots of improvements to performance, CQL, repair, easier operation,
And as is the rule for some time now, rolling upgrades from previous versions are supported, so there is nothing stopping you to get all those goodies right now!
Both source and binary distributions of Cassandra 1.0.0 can be downloaded at:
Or you can use the debian package available from the project APT repository (you will need to use the 10x series).
The download page also link to the CQL drivers that, from this release on, are maintained out of tree.
That's all folks!
: http://goo.gl/t3qpw (CHANGES.txt)
: http://goo.gl/6t0qN (NEWS.txt)