Rock on.  Thanks for the point Aaron.
We're giving this a try right now to index our column families.

cheers,
-brian

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 4:26 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
Solr can use a dynamic schema…

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/trunk/solr/example/solr/conf/schema.xml#L538

But you may still want to define a schema so you can adjust the index and query time processing/typing of the field values.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton