yup, and again it gives a perfectly adequate reason: "Twitter is busy fighting other fires and they don't have the time to retrofit something that is (more or less) working, namely their MySQL based tweet storage, with a completely new technology based on Cassandra."

If I was in charge of platform at twitter I'd have probably made the same call. If it aint broke, don't spend $100ks fixing it. Push out new features that help keep you ahead of the competition.

I really don't see anything in the closet here. It's just a simple resource management issue.