At the time of that project, there wasn't enough resources and dedicated team. Since then we changed that (based on the presentation I gave). We decided to focus on other areas, and newer projects. We spent a lot of time with the community improving failure conditions, performance, etc. We chose to focus on projects that were lower tier SLAs at first, and work our way up. Now we have Cassandra running on our highest tier SLA (Cuckoo -- our monitoring and alerting infrastructure for Twitter).