From "Jaiswal Neetu" <>
Subject Cassandra 0.8.7 Stress Tool
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:31:43 GMT

I installed Cassandra 0.8.7 on a single machine having 16GB RAM.

Testing performance using stress tool. Noticed it creates 2 standard
column families and 2 super column families with the default settings.

I want to test for multiple column families. Is there any way to test it
using this tool?

I tried defining super column 4 and number for of columns 50. But from
Cassandra-cli, I noticed it created default column families (two) and
super column families (two).

I am new to Cassandra and evaluating it for future generation of our

Looking for help.

Thanks & Regards

Neetu Jaiswal | Sr. Database Administrator

485 Clyde Avenue, Mountain View, CA-94043

  Think Green

View raw message