From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Bulk Loading Recommendations: Files over 25GBs
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 20:56:36 GMT
At that scale of data, and the fact that it's a batch job, I would go with the bulk loading
tool.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 19/10/2011, at 3:32 AM, Mike Rapuano wrote:

> We are not currently live but testing with Cassandra. I'm looking for recommendations
on the most efficient way to load text files over 25GBs in size to Cassandra (version 0.8.6).
 Our application may require us to load 2-3 text files between 25-40GBs each a few times a
week to our 3 node cluster.  I was reading this article on DataStax:  http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading

> Is it most efficient to create the sstables and then use sstableloader or does anyone
have other recommendations to "bulk load data"?  We are new to Cassandra and trying to work
within what is generally acceptable practices.