From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: 0.7.9 RejectedExecutionException
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:40:24 GMT
Have you checked /var/log/cassandra/output.txt (the packaged install pipes std out/err to there)
or the system logs ? If there are no errors in the logs it may well be something external
killing it.

With regard to memory usage, it's hard for people to help unless you provide some numbers.
What do you mean by MAX heap ? Is this the max used heap size reported by JMX or the -Xmx
setting passed to the server ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 8/10/2011, at 7:02 AM, Ashley Martens wrote:

> Okay, this is still a problem. This node keeps dieing at 1am every day, most times without
an error in the log. I'd appriciate any help in tracking down why.

> Additionally, I don't understand why 0.7.x using *way* more RAM than 0.6.x and 0.8.x,
from a top or ps perspective. I'm now watching the JVM memory and it seems to be more in line
with 0.6.x but the MAX heap is crazy high (28G on my servers).