From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers needed - Wiki
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:24:02 GMT
Thanks, Hani.
	If you would like to update the storage config page that would be handy. Just update http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FrontPage_draft_aaron/
 to say you are working on it. Just click the login link at the top to setup an account.

	wrt setting up eclipse, perhaps you could post your instructions on a blog somewhere and
we can link to it.

cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11/10/2011, at 5:51 AM, hani elabed wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> I can help with the documentation... I grabbed tons of screenshots as I was installing
Cassandra source trunk(1.0.0.rc2?) on my Mac OS X Snow leopard on Eclipse Galileo and later
Eclipse Indigo, I will be installing it on Eclipse for Ubuntu 10.04 soon. I took the sceenshots
after I noticed the missing picts in here:

> http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/RunningCassandraInEclipse
>
> so I did plan on helping with the update... I am glad you sent your email though to get
me going.

> I am just not sure of the logistics, how to do it, and if I needed to be granted some
write access to the wiki. Please educate...

> I can definitely help on the NodeTool and StorageConfiguration as soon as I can grok
them myself, or any other documentation.

> Also you draft front page and focusing first on 1.0 first match my thinking.
>
> Hani Elabed
>

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:10 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
> 	The dev's have been very busy and Cassandra 1.0 is just around the corner and full of
new features. To celebrate I'm trying to give the wiki some loving to make things a little
more welcoming for new users.

and worry about being super awesome later. For example the nodetool page is incomplete http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/NodeTool
, we do not have anything about CQL and config page is from 0.7 http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/StorageConfiguration

> 	As a starting point I've created a draft home page http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FrontPage_draft_aaron/
. I also hope to use this as a planning tool where we can mark off what's in progress or has
been completed.

> 	The guidelines I think we should follow are:
> 	* ensure coverage of 1.0, a best effort for 0.8 and leave any content from previous
versions.
> 	* where appropriate include examples from CQL and RPC as both are still supported.
>
> 	If you would like to contribute to this effort please let me know via the email list.
It's a great way to contribute to the project and learn how Cassandra works, and I'll do my
best to help with any questions you may have. Or if you have something you've already written
that you feel may be of use let me know, and we'll see about linking to it.