From Caleb Rackliffe <>
Subject Re: super sub slice query?
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 18:22:39 GMT
I had the same question you did, I think.  Below is as far as I got with Hector…

I have a column family of super-columns with long names.  The columns in each super-column
also have long names.  I'm using Hector, and what I want to do is get the last column in each
super-column, for a range of super-columns.  I was able to get the last column in a column
family  like this…

Cluster cluster = HFactory.getOrCreateCluster("Cortex", config);

Keyspace keyspace = HFactory.createKeyspace("Products", cluster);

RangeSlicesQuery<String, String, String> rangeSlicesQuery =

HFactory.createRangeSlicesQuery(keyspace, StringSerializer.get(), StringSerializer.get(),

rangeSlicesQuery.setKeys("id0", "id0");

rangeSlicesQuery.setRange("", "", true, 1);

QueryResult<OrderedRows<String, String, String>> rsult = rangeSlicesQuery.execute();

…but no luck with the additional dimension.

Caleb Rackliffe | Software Developer
M 949.981.0159 |