From "Jacob, Arun" <Arun.Ja...@disney.com>
Subject Re: Solandra distributed search
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 22:39:13 GMT
does the Solandra specific partitioner distribute data relatively equally across nodes? Is
this influenced by the shards.at.once property? If I'm writing to 3 nodes, how would the default
setting of 4 for this property affect the distribution of data across my nodes?

From: Jake Luciani <jakers@gmail.com<mailto:jakers@gmail.com>>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:03:22 -0700
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Solandra distributed search

Solandra manages the "shard" parameters for you. you don't need to specify anything.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Jeremiah Jordan <jeremiah.jordan@morningstar.com<mailto:jeremiah.jordan@morningstar.com>>
wrote:
When using Solandra, do I need to use the Solr sharding synxtax in my queries? I don't think
I do because Cassandra is handling the "sharding", not Solr, but just want to make sure.
The Solandra wiki references the distributed search limitations, which talks about the shard
syntax further down the page.
>From what I see with how it is implemented I should just be able to pick a random Solandra
node and do my query, since they are all backed by the same Cassandra data store. Correct?

Thanks!
-Jeremiah

--
http://twitter.com/tjake