From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers needed - Wiki
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:20:00 GMT
Thanks Daria, I have a look at whats there and get in touch.

Right now I'm not thinking beyond getting the wiki complete (e.g. it lists all the command
line tools) and correct for version 1.0. My main concern was people coming away from the site
with incorrect information and having a bad out of the box experience.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 12/10/2011, at 7:42 AM, Daria Hutchinson wrote:

> DataStax would like to help with the wiki update effort. For example, we have a start
on updates for 1.0, such as the storage configuration.

> http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/configuration/storage_configuration
>
> Let me know how we can help.
>
> Cheers,
> Daria (DataStax Tech Writer)
>
> Question - Are you planning on maintaining wiki docs by version going forward (starting
with 1.0)?

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 1:55 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> @maki thanks,
> 	Could you take a look at the cli page http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CassandraCli
?. There is a lot of online docs in the tool, so we dont need to replicate that. Just a simple
getting started guide, some examples and a few tips about about what to do if things don't
work. e.g. often people have problems when using bytes comparator. If you could use the sample
schema that ships in conf/ that would be handy.

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CassandraCli06

and sensibly follow links) and as a checkout system  http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FrontPage_draft_aaron

: