From Scott Fines <>
Subject RE: MapReduce with two ethernet cards
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:11:18 GMT
Looks like that did it, thanks!

From: Brandon Williams []
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: MapReduce with two ethernet cards

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Scott Fines <> wrote:
> When I look at the source for ColumnFamilyInputFormat, it appears that it does a call
to client.describe_ring; when you do the equivalent call  with nodetool, you get the 10.1.1.*
addresses.  This seems to indicate to me that I should open up the firewall and attempt to
contact those IPs instead of the normal thrift IPs.
> That leads me to think that I need to have thrift listening on both IPs, though. Would
that then be the case?

My mistake, I thought I'd committed this:

Can you see if that solves your issue?

View raw message