From Radim Kolar <...@sendmail.cz>
Subject Re: how to reduce disk read? (and bloom filter performance)
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2011 09:20:22 GMT
Dne 10.10.2011 18:53, Mohit Anchlia napsal(a):
> Does it mean you are not updating a row or deleting them?
yes. i have 350m rows and only about 100k of them are updated.
>   Can you look at JMX values of
>
> BloomFilter* ?
i could not find this in jconsole mbeans or in jmx over http in
cassandra 1.0

I believe if you want to keep disk seeks to 1 ssTable you will need to
compact more often.

cassandra have max 2 disk seeks per 1 sstable read. one seek for index,
second seek for data. If bloom filters are working fine, in my case
there is no need to access more than 1 sstable.