From Masoud Moshref Javadi <moshr...@usc.edu>
Subject ByteOrderedPartitioner token generation
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 06:30:10 GMT
I need to insert a large amount of data to Cassandra cluster in a short
time. So I want the interaction among Cassandra servers be minimum. I
think that the best way to do this is to use ByteOrderedPartitioner and
generate ID of new data based on the InitialToken of servers and send
data to the corresponding server from the webserver. Am I right?

Now my question is if I have some data ranging from 1-100 and want to
put 1-25 in server1, 26-50 in server 2 and so on, what should be the
Initial Token of the servers?

Thanks in advance