From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers needed - Wiki
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:36:39 GMT
Thanks, feel free to add it if you want to.

Otherwise I'll put it up.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

:

> When servers connect to the Internet through a proxy, It's possible to have an other
error when adding publickey

> (gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys F758CE318D77295D)
>
> the error is like that :
>
> gpg: requesting key 8D77295D from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
> gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 7: couldn't connect to host
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
> gpg: Total number processed: 0
>
> Simply, It's because the proxy is not set, To correct the problem, you must set the environment
variable http_proxy.

> regards,
>
> Jérémy
>
> 2011/10/12 hani elabed <hani.elabed@gmail.com>
> Hi Aaron,
> I got an account to the wiki, logged in, and claimed the 'Configuration' page a.k.a 'Storage
Configuration' for now. I will let you know when done or if I get stumped. Will also work
on "Setting up Eclipse" page and put it somewhere.
> Hani
>

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:24 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Hani.
> 	If you would like to update the storage config page that would be handy. Just update
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FrontPage_draft_aaron/  to say you are working on it. Just
click the login link at the top to setup an account.

> 	wrt setting up eclipse, perhaps you could post your instructions on a blog somewhere
and we can link to it.

> cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 11/10/2011, at 5:51 AM, hani elabed wrote:
>
>> Hi Aaron,
>>
>> I can help with the documentation... I grabbed tons of screenshots as I was installing
Cassandra source trunk(1.0.0.rc2?) on my Mac OS X Snow leopard on Eclipse Galileo and later
Eclipse Indigo, I will be installing it on Eclipse for Ubuntu 10.04 soon. I took the sceenshots
after I noticed the missing picts in here:

>> http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/RunningCassandraInEclipse
>>
>> so I did plan on helping with the update... I am glad you sent your email though
to get me going.

>> I am just not sure of the logistics, how to do it, and if I needed to be granted
some write access to the wiki. Please educate...

>> I can definitely help on the NodeTool and StorageConfiguration as soon as I can grok
them myself, or any other documentation.

>> Also you draft front page and focusing first on 1.0 first match my thinking.
>>
>> Hani Elabed
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 4:10 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> 	The dev's have been very busy and Cassandra 1.0 is just around the corner and full
of new features. To celebrate I'm trying to give the wiki some loving to make things a little
more welcoming for new users.

>> 	To keep things manageable I'd like to focus on completeness and correctness for
now, and worry about being super awesome later. For example the nodetool page is incomplete
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/NodeTool , we do not have anything about CQL and config page
is from 0.7 http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/StorageConfiguration

>> 	As a starting point I've created a draft home page http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FrontPage_draft_aaron/
. I also hope to use this as a planning tool where we can mark off what's in progress or has
been completed.

>> 	The guidelines I think we should follow are:
>> 	* ensure coverage of 1.0, a best effort for 0.8 and leave any content from previous
versions.
>> 	* where appropriate include examples from CQL and RPC as both are still supported.

>> 	If you would like to contribute to this effort please let me know via the email
list. It's a great way to contribute to the project and learn how Cassandra works, and I'll
do my best to help with any questions you may have. Or if you have something you've already
written that you feel may be of use let me know, and we'll see about linking to it.