From Bryce Godfrey <Bryce.Godf...@azaleos.com>
Subject Running on Windows
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 21:31:41 GMT
I'm wondering what the consensus is for running a Cassandra cluster on top of Windows boxes?
 We are currently running a small 5 node cluster on top of CentOS without problems, so I have
no desire to move.  But we are a windows shop, and I have an IT department that is scared
of Linux since they don't know how to manage it.

My primary thoughts of why not, was just community support (haven't seen or heard of  anybody
else doing it on Windows), performance, and stability.  The last two are mostly guesses by
me, but my thoughts was that java on windows just does not perform as well.  We have a very
high right load, and are adding about 5 GB a day of data with a 3 month retention.

I really don't want to move a stable system onto an unknown just out of fear of the unknown
from my IT department, so looking for some ammo.  Thanks :)

~Bryce