From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Volunteers needed - Wiki
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:10:26 GMT
Hi there,
	The dev's have been very busy and Cassandra 1.0 is just around the corner and full of new
features. To celebrate I'm trying to give the wiki some loving to make things a little more
welcoming for new users.

	To keep things manageable I'd like to focus on completeness and correctness for now, and
worry about being super awesome later. For example the nodetool page is incomplete http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/NodeTool
, we do not have anything about CQL and config page is from 0.7 http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/StorageConfiguration

	As a starting point I've created a draft home page http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FrontPage_draft_aaron/
. I also hope to use this as a planning tool where we can mark off what's in progress or has
been completed.

	The guidelines I think we should follow are:
	* ensure coverage of 1.0, a best effort for 0.8 and leave any content from previous versions.

	* where appropriate include examples from CQL and RPC as both are still supported.

	If you would like to contribute to this effort please let me know via the email list. It's
a great way to contribute to the project and learn how Cassandra works, and I'll do my best
to help with any questions you may have. Or if you have something you've already written that
you feel may be of use let me know, and we'll see about linking to it.

Thanks.
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
@aaronmorton