From Laurent Aufrechter <>
Subject Re : Best way to search content in Cassandra
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:34:54 GMT

One good way to manage such things is to give your columns a name that will allow you to make
some slices query...

Your column name could be something like:

In your slice query, you could do a search for "image-png-A" to "image-png-Z".

De : Jean-Nicolas Boulay Desjardins <>
À :
Envoyé le : Vendredi 28 Octobre 2011 3h10
Objet : Best way to search content in Cassandra

Normally in SQL I would use "%" operator to get what looks like what I
am searching.

[...] type = "image/%"

It would give me all the rows that have a column type with "image/" in it.

So those would show up:

Is there anything similar with Cassandra?

I am also using Solandra... But I doubt that Solandra is made for that.

Are there any extensions or technics I could use?

Thank you allot in advance for any tips.
View raw message