One question. I was told that Brisk was going to made compatible with this version of Cassandra, will we see a new Brisk release this week as well?

Anthony

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 3:12 AM, Sylvain Lebresne <sylvain@datastax.com> wrote:
The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Cassandra
version 0.8.6.

Cassandra is a highly scalable second-generation distributed database,
bringing together Dynamo's fully distributed design and Bigtable's
ColumnFamily-based data model. You can read more here:

 http://cassandra.apache.org/

Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download
section:

 http://cassandra.apache.org/download/

This version is a maintenance/bug fix release[1]. In particular, it fixes a
bug preventing rolling upgrades from the 0.7 series. Please pay attention to
the release notes[2] before upgrading and let us know[3] if you were to
encounter any problem.

Have fun!

[1]: http://goo.gl/COUVm (CHANGES.txt)
[2]: http://goo.gl/3CjzD (NEWS.txt)