Okay, in a previous post, it was stated that I could use a NetworkTopologyStrategy in a singel data centre by setting up my keyspace with:

create keyspace KeyspaceDEV

    with placement_strategy = 'org.apache.cassandra.locator.NetworkTopologyStrategy'

    and strategy_options=[{datacenter1:3}];

Whereby my understanding is that:

[{datacenter1:3}]

represents:

My infrastructure team were recommended to instead of use "datacenter1" to use the second value in the IP address:
x.130.x.x

[{130:3}]

However, when trying to access the keyspace the following error was return:

"May not be enough replicas present to handle consistency level"

When I rebuilt the keyspace using the "datacenter1" semantic, it worked fine.

My guess is that there is some correlation between the "130" value and either the rpc_address or listen_address. Am I correct in thinking this?

I don't have access to the se configurations so I'm just going out on a whim here trying to figure out why using the "130" form the IP address would cause the error.

Anthony