From Sam Hodgson <hodgson_...@hotmail.com>
Subject SCF column comparator
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:46:31 GMT

Hi all,

Im trying to create a Threads SCF that will store message thread id's in date order and i
want to store the threadID => subject as the supercolumns.  Please correct me if im incorrect
but my understanding of a super column family is as follows:

Category: //row key
   Timestamp: //Column
      ThreadID => Thread Subject //Supercolumn

My question is how do I ensure the timestamp column is ordered chronologically as the documentation
for the cassandra-cli specify's that the comparator type is applied to the supercolumns.
Also im new to Cassandra so any advice on alternate schemas is welcome, not sure if this would
be better to split up into multiple CF's or somehow use an index.

Thanks in advance

Sam