From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best indexing solution for Cassandra
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 21:01:03 GMT
look at elasticsearch too. It shards differently.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Rafael Almeida <almeidaraf@yahoo.com> wrote:
> From Anthony Ikeda <anthony.ikeda.dev@gmail.com>:
>> Well, we go live with our project very soon and we are now looking into what we will
be doing for the next phase. One of the enhancements we would like to consider is an indexing
platform to start building searches into our application.

>> Right now we are just using column families to index the information (different views
based on what we want to find) however it is proving to be quite a task to keep the index
views in sync with the data - although not a showstopper, it isn't something we want to be
handling all the time especially since operations like deletions require changes to multiple
column families.

>> I've heard of Solandra and Lucandra but I want to understand the experiences of people
that may have used them or other suggestions.

> I've had some experience with that. My main problem was that I had a limited vocabulary
and a large number of documents. It seems like solandra kept all my documents on the same
row for a given term. That means the documents don't get spread out throught the cluster and
search was painfully slow. We ended up rolling up our own solution and not using cassandra
at all for that purpose (althought we still use it for storage).