From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: anyway to disable row/key cache on single node while starting it?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:03:42 GMT
> again.... I was doing repair on single CF and it crashed because of OOM,
> leaving 286GB data(should be 40GB).   the problem here is it take very very
> long to make the node back to alive,   seems because of it was loading  row
> cache.  the last time I encountered this, I did people suggested that delete
> everything in saved_cache directory and update the schema to set row/key
> cache to 0.   but it seems is cluster wide and affect other nodes.
> so is there anyway to stop the node to load cache while starting?

Just removing the saved_cache stuff on the node accomplishes that.

You can also change the cache sizes transiently on a single node by
using nodetool, but there is no need to do that if all you're after is
to avoid reading in row cache on startup. Simply removing the saved
caches is enough.

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode on twitter)