From Roshan Dawrani <roshandawr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 0.8.4 - doesn't support defining keyspaces in cassandra.yaml?
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 15:15:38 GMT
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, the "load from yaml" was only supported for upgrading from 0.6.
> You'd need to create the schema programatically instead.

Thanks for confirming. I am now creating my keyspace programmatically, but
running into another small cassandra issue with my embedded server.

In my embedded server setup, I use
cassandra-javautils's CassandraServiceDataCleaner to clean-up the data
directories, which in turn uses DatabaseDescriptor.getAllDataFileLocations()
to get various directories configured in cassandra.yaml.

Now the problem is that DatabaseDescriptor uses CassandraDaemon to do a
check on allowed rpc_server_types, which forces static initializer of its
parent AbstractCassandraDaemon to get executed. AbstractCassandraDaemon's
static initlializer fails if it does not find "log4j-server.properties"

Our is a Grails application, and log4j configuration is initialized in a
different way, and I do not want to feed embedded server a dummy
log4j.properties  file just to satisfy the chain above. Is there any way I
can avoid it?

--
Roshan
Blog: http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/