From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: requests should be disabled when doing compaction?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 19:40:44 GMT
(1) You should plan enough capacity that you can handle normal
compaction load while serving requests
(1a) You can control how aggressive compaction is using the
compaction_throughput_mb_per_sec setting

(2) It is not recommended to force compaction of everything using
nodetool compact

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra