From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to understand QUORUM and Strategies
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 19:35:57 GMT
Note that this is an implementation detail, not something that
inherently can't work with other strategies.  LOCAL_QUORUM and
EACH_QUORUM are logically equivalent to QUORUM when there is a single
datacenter.

We tried briefly to add support for non-NTS strategies in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2516, but reverted it
in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2627.

--
Jonathan Ellis