From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MessagingService.sendOneWay sending blank bytes?
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 07:32:07 GMT
Yes.  This is one of the things fixed for 1.0 in

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 11:16 PM, Greg Hinkle <greghinkle@gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed that on the 0.8 branch the implementation of MessagingService.sendOneWay is
building up a DataOutputBuffer with a default size of 128 bytes, but then sending it as the
full buffer no matter how many bytes the the data takes. I believe it should be calling DataOutputBuffer.asByteArray()
or copying just up to the length() into the ByteBuffer. This means it appears to be wasting
on around 40 to 80 bytes on every message. This really adds up in a big cluster.

> It looks like things are different in trunk, but can anyone confirm this bug in 0.8?
Thanks.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra