From Ben Ashton <...@bossastudios.com>
Subject need help setting up production environment
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 22:09:00 GMT
I've been dropped in it a little and had to build a prod setup going live on
monday.

At the moment I have setup three server in EC2 US, one each AZ

the servers are setup as follows:-

m1.xlarge using the Amazons AMI instance storage image, the ephemerals 4 x
420 GB setup in raid10 and formatted with xfs mounted as /cassandra with all
the cassandra data in /cassandra

I've got the ring setup with 33% on each server.

I imagine I'd need to setup some EBS cassandra servers and insert them in
the ring, so I have a persistence, would m.large be OK for this?

I've been reading http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ and
http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.8/index but can anyone recommend a book I can
buy this weekend or another web source for best practice?

What are the best ways to stress test? stress.java?