From Eric Czech <e...@nextbigsound.com>
Subject Unable to link C library (for jna.jar) on 0.7.5
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 04:38:02 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm running cassandra 0.7.5 on about 20 RHEL 5 (24 GB RAM) machines and I'm
having issues with snapshots, json sstable conversions, and various nodetool
commands due to memory errors and the lack of the native access C libraries.
 I tried putting jna.jar on the classpath but I'm still seeing warnings in
the log files like "CLibrary.java (line 65) Unable to link C library. Native
methods will be disabled.".  Based on this warning, It looks like the .jar
file is actually on the classpath but the native access libraries still
aren't being used.

Does anyone know why I might be seeing this?  It's not a huge detriment to
our day-to-day operations but our backup strategy and BI strategy is largely
dependent on the ability to reliably create snapshots and make json
conversions so this is a big roadblock at the moment.  Any help would be
much appreciated.

Thank you!